Tuesday 3 August 2010

Oseaan Kroniek Review by Kadeem

Hi.

After a few months of recording, editing, mixing, deleting, idleness, re-recording and mastering; I finally managed to complete the Oseaan Kroniek demo. Though I am not throughly impressed with it, I believe its a fairly decent start, probably more decent than most demos of this genre.



I believe however, that some of you would actually enjoy it. It sets a fantasy-like atmospheric based on tales of the Caribbean Sea.

The instruments aren't bad I guess. The vocals (which I recorded with my cell phone) sound Necro as fuck, which might not be a bad thing (for all you fans of raw extreme music).

I'm impressed with the artwork I did though. The majority if the images I used were found on google, and I couldn't trace any owners at all so I just took them up. I do feel bad about this but they probably wouldn't mind.

Some of the pictures were shot by a guy from London by the name of Jake Burton who visited Barbados a few years ago. He gave me permission to use some of photos.



Another photo source comes from a girl named Nicole. I saw a picture she took of Bathsheba several years back while she on a missionary trip to Barbados on her Deviant Art Profile "millicent4". She gave me permission as well.






The Immortality of Nelson by Benjamin West (1807) & a engraving of Stede Bonnet from a book published in 1724 entitled "A General History of the Robberies and Murders of the most notorious Pyrates" by Charles Johnson were used as well.


Thats all I have to say for now. Just wait for Thursday to come so you can experience Oseaan Kroniek for yourselves.


Iba


Kadeem "Emdeka/Veldt Soldaat" Ward 



No comments:

Post a Comment